St James's Practice works hard to provide the public and patients with clear and accurate information relating to how their information is used by the organisation and publishes Privacy Notices on this website to inform service users of these uses.
These Privacy Notices help us to ensure that the use of your data is Fair, Lawful and Transparent in line with our organisational responsibilities under Data Protection Law.
Each notice provides a clear explanation of
- the purpose for processing your data
- the contact details for us and our Data Protection Officer
- the lawful basis for processing your data
- who your data may be shared with
- your rights to object to the processing of your data
- your rights to access your personal data and where appropriate to have it corrected
- how long your data will be kept for
- your right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office about how your data is processed
The Privacy Notices are designed to be Concise, Clear and Intelligible. However, we would always welcome your questions regarding the use of your data if you feel this does not provide you with enough information or you would prefer any of the notices explained to you.
Privacy Notice - Direct Care - SJP.doc
Privacy Notice - NHS Digital - SJP.doc
Privacy Notice - Public Health - SJP.doc
Privacy Notice - Payments - SJP.doc
Privacy Notice - Risk Stratification - SJP.doc
Privacy Notice - Safeguarding - SJP.doc
The GDPR replaces the Data Protection Directive and came into effect on the 25th May 2018.
ACCESSING YOUR RECORDS
You have a right to access the information we hold about you, and if you would like to access this information, you will need to complete a Subject Access Request (SAR). Please ask at reception for a SAR form and you will be given further information. Furthermore, should you identify any inaccuracies; you have a right to have the inaccurate data corrected.
Further information on Individual rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/